2014 fz8! (Uk)

Fazer 8

it does curves well, it has great takeoff power, it is comfy once you put a new seat on it and is never cramped, What is it that guys do not like here in America?

It surely could use a better seat. What did you go with?

I guess motorcycles basically are toys here, and everyone wants to have the biggest, baddest, fastest, etc. I mean, look at all the choppers and heavily customized cruisers - many are barely even usable as motorcycles anymore. Ditto for why race replicas sell so well here - that riding position is ridiculous for the street, and few people (and no one sane, really) can actually ride one to its limits on the street.

Bajaedition

It surely could use a better seat. What did you go with?

I guess motorcycles basically are toys here, and everyone wants to have the biggest, baddest, fastest, etc. I mean, look at all the choppers and heavily customized cruisers - many are barely even usable as motorcycles anymore. Ditto for why race replicas sell so well here - that riding position is ridiculous for the street, and few people (and no one sane, really) can actually ride one to its limits on the street.

I got the corbin, I have used them before and the make a great seat. a lot of the guys here like the Shad.

I had my years on SS bikes, I have to agree that riding one to it's potentail on the street is insane. The more you learn on track the more you realize just how stupid it is to try to ride like that on the street. Suicidal is the word I think of. I live about 5 miles from a track so I still do track days, took the 8 out once and it is not a track bike. In my opinion anyone trying to make it a track bike is spending foolish money, give me a ss bike and it is just tweaking the bike in, On the FZ8 it is all about changing parts out.

AndyS

Banned
I got the corbin, I have used them before and the make a great seat. a lot of the guys here like the Shad.

I had my years on SS bikes, I have to agree that riding one to it's potentail on the street is insane. The more you learn on track the more you realize just how stupid it is to try to ride like that on the street. Suicidal is the word I think of. I live about 5 miles from a track so I still do track days, took the 8 out once and it is not a track bike. In my opinion anyone trying to make it a track bike is spending foolish money, give me a ss bike and it is just tweaking the bike in, On the FZ8 it is all about changing parts out.

WRONG..Its the rider. Once again you prove your ignorance. A good rider will be quick on any half decent bike.
Go look over at ********** forum. There are 2 guys from Chicago who post videos of their track days. They are killing it, often much faster than guys on SS bikes. One of them does have a trick shock, but the other is not too far from stock. They are both talented riders...and they dont brag about it.

Fazer 8

WRONG..Its the rider. Once again you prove your ignorance. A good rider will be quick on any half decent bike.
Go look over at ********** forum. There are 2 guys from Chicago who post videos of their track days. They are killing it, often much faster than guys on SS bikes. One of them does have a trick shock, but the other is not too far from stock. They are both talented riders...and they dont brag about it.

The shock on my '13 Fazer 8 could certainly be better (stiffer spring, for one thing), but I bet it would probably work adequately for me for an occasional track day, especially if the track is smoother than the typical roads around here.

If I was doing a dedicated track day bike, this wouldn't be my first choice, more weight and power than I can really handle at 100%. I'd probably have more fun flogging the heck out of something like a CBR250 or Ninja 300 around a track, which I might actually be able to approach the limits of, than I would on a modern supersport, which would mostly just be testing my limits.

Rhyno54

The FZ8 ain't dead or gone by any means. Based on the quick fall from grace that the FZ-09 has experienced, and the continued manufacture of the FZ8 worldwide, I would not be surprised to the the FZ8 available again in North America in a year or two...uncorked, with HP equal to the FZ-09's. The FZ8 engine is effortlessly capable of exceeding 120 HP and just an air filter and ECU reflash will get you over 100 at the rear wheel.

Who is for a new FZ8, with a slight cc bump, better suspension, and opened up ECU mapping, from Yamaha in a year or so? Once the 2012's and 2013's are sold (they seem to be going quick based on what I'm hearing) Yamaha could make a lot of hay with the existing FZ8, with just performance upgrades. Great chassis, great engine, great ergos, great styling.

Even my buddy with an FZ-09 said the FZ8 was better-looking...I can't tell ya how many guys have sidled up to ogle at my FZ8, thinking it was an FZ-09, gawking at it, like it was the coolest thing on wheels, but as soon as I point out it's an Eight, they lose interest. It's just embarrassment at having made a mistake but the looks are there.

I'd line up for one, or how about a new FZ8 with actually800cc's and a cross plane engine, now that would be awesome

Bagman

Here in NA - and for a majority of the population where it's a seasonal thing - it's all about looks. Motorcycling is a social thing. A supersport makes you feel like a million bucks and more often than not they look like a million bucks too. Panties drop (or so we hope). For the point of running to the social meet or cruising up and down a strip to be seen an SS bike works wonders.