2013 FZ8 spark plug torque specifications

Turbogriff

Hello hope all is well,
I recently bought myself a used FZ8... thing is a ton of fun. I’ve just hit 12k miles and one of the things due is a spark plug change. I know how to do it for the most part the only thing I can’t find anywhere is how much to torque the new spark plugs down with a torque wrench.

Thank you,
Griffin S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torbeach

Nice bike. It's been a while but I believe if you remove the upper radiator bolt you can get better access to the plugs. It's also suggested to blow away any dirt in the spark plug wells before removing the plugs.

Spark plug torque 13Nm or 9.4 ft/lbs
Spark plug gap 0.7 - 0.8 mm or 0.028 - 0.031 in (with a wire thickness gauge)

Bagman

I have the Fazer version, and did the plugs last year. They were very, well overdue and most certainly improved my fuel economy. I kid you not, I instantly started seeing 50km more per tank. I bought NGK Iridium as replacement. I was at 26,000kms when I change and I know manual says like every 10,000 kms or so. lol. Bike ran fine otherwise, but certainly won't be letting it slide that long next time.

I didn't really abide by any torque-spec, just went by feel to snug it down. 9.4 ft/lbs ain't much at all.

I drained coolant and disconnected upper coolant hoses to the rad so I can move the rad forward for better access.