2013 fz8 normal or not?

jcd1965

Hello,I'm new to forum.I have a new 2013 fz8 w/ 1000k on it and I'm hearing some noise from engine.Rattle in clutch and a knocking or thumping noise in neutral.The clutch rattle disappears w/ clutch lever is applied and knocking/thumping becomes less noticeable.Oh and it go's who who who like a owl at steady speeds(5k plus rpms). Other noticeable defects (or not) is engine vibrates at or about 3.5k rpm's,also seems under powered in traffic(low rpms,1st and 2nd gear).Animal above 7k rpms.
Like to hear members feedback and possible mod's to remedy the above.

TorontoAlex

I have experienced the same. Machines make weird noises. Mine doesnt take off too quickly either for the first second which is typical of a four cyl unless you give it more gas.

I've heard the rattle while in neutral. At first it was alarming to me now i just think of it as part of the bikes quirky mechanics. The sound tends to go away after a good warm up. As for the takeoff in first and second i couldn't tell you because my sprockets are changed for faster acceleration.

Blackfin

At hot idle mine sounds like a rock crusher caught in a ball mill caught in a car shredder. Just a general raucous mechanical noise rather than distinctive knocks though.

Runs like a top, shifts smooth as butter, never given trouble. Took it in one day and asked the service guy "Is this normal?" and was told that's about as quiet as they get.

These bikes are geared very tall. 1st gear is good for something like 70MPH. You can easily go down a tooth in front (and even think about up two in the rear) to really liven it up around town at the cost of higher revs on the highway.