2013 FZ8 news

Mk5mike

So last night looking at the 2013 line up on Yamaha website and the Fz8 was not on there. Got me kinda worried because my plans were to purchase a new bike after the new years. But I did find on an article that mentions a a 2013 model with some small updates maybe even traction control.

C

Camo

Suspension and mirrors that work and it'd be good straight outta the crate.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Suspension and mirrors that work and it'd be good straight outta the crate.
^^^^^^^
These are my only negatives, I'm still not happy with the mirror setup. bar ends may be the solution but not to keen on them.
I was on on yamaha's site yesterday and noticed no fz8 on the '13 lineup also.
Had me wondering.......

Wieb27

I asked at the Yamaha dealer on Saturday. There will be a 2013 model that is scheduled to be released this week (later than the rest of the 2013 models).

He said something about a red/white color being released to the US in 2013 as well.

Just passin' on what I heard from the Yamaha dealer....

Fizzer8

Yamaha Motor UK

FZ8 and Fazer8 get exhaust redesign and adjustable suspension... — at Kölnmesse Congress-Centrum.

JSP

Administrator
Please tell me the blue rims and valve cover, etc are not standard! :eek: OMG! :bs2: :spank::disapprove::eb:

I think the new exhaust is much uglier. Besides the adjustable forks, I'm really glad I got the 2012. The "blu" accents on the Race Blu version are kinda cool but the wheels look like it's an Aprilia. The matte gray is still my favorite color scheme! I do like the new turn signals though. I'm also surprised they include the belly pan stock now.

Last edited:

Rgraphic

Really glad i got the 2011. seems they are making it overly flashy with each year. The all black is perfect. just wish the gold parts were silver or black as well. thought the grey was "ok" but wouldn't buy it and now the blue is too over the top and looks like they're trying to hard. some things should just be left alone.

W

WARPTH

Race blue must be a euro color. Looks like yamaha jumped on the forums and changed what everyone was complaining about. Gold forks lack of adjustment on front and rear.

C

Camo

Of course they fixed all the problems I spent money fixing. Fcuk Yamaha.