2013 FZ8 idle raises on its own

tbednash

I recently purchased a 2013 FZ8 that needed some TLC and this is the last issue I need to sort out before it's road worthy. No matter where the idle adjustment screw is set the bike starts up idling at ~1500 RPM (stock idle is 1150-1250 RPM) and within 1-5 minutes will shoot up to 2000+ rpm on its own. Occasionally I can also initiate the idle jump by applying even the tiniest amount of throttle, or pulling the clutch and putting the bike in gear. The highest I've seen it hit is about 2200 RPM. It does not seem to be affected by temperature as it does it both when the bike is cold and has been sitting and when its fully warmed up. Once it is raised it does not bounce or fluctuate and it does not lower after any significant amount of time, just a steady 2000RPM idle. Turning the idle adjustment screw once the idle is raised to 2000+ RPM make no difference, as it will still start back up at 1500 and raise on its own as if nothing was changed. The bike is running a K&N air filter and a Coffman slip on with a Power Commander V.

In tracking this problem down I've done the following:

-synchronized the throttle bodies

-checked TPS calibration to confirm its within factory spec

-taken apart and inspected the airbox for leaks/damage

-flashed different maps, including stock, onto the Power Commander to check if it was a tune issue

-fully removed the Power Commander

This issue still persists and I'm at a loss as to what is going on. I don't want to resort to bringing it somewhere unless I have to. Hopefully somebody here can help me out or point me in the right direction of what's going on. Thanks