2013 fz8 break in with garage mods......

Sinooch

oh no dude. that's terrible. i know the feeling though. i just went down myself 2 weeks ago and am still waiting on insurance and repair shop to fix my bike. I've been itching so bad to get back on the road. I told my girlfriend that im getting separation anxiety lol. But look at the bright side. your still kicking. A bike can always be fixed. Your life is whats important.

JSP

Administrator
Sorry to hear... :( Glad you are ok to post about it though! Keep your head up, bikes can be replaced/repaired!

Rotaryknight

sorry to hear that dude.

It sucks when you put so much time into the bike to make it look like you want it and then to crash it.
I hope its not totaled or anything major!!!

Marthy

No way! That sucks big time... hope you're ok. If you're like me you might already pick the color of the next bike LOL

elim70

[emoji27]dude that sucks. Sorry to hear. Hope u made it with no serious injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
So this actually happened a while ago, I was waiting for the bank and all my checks to clear and make sure I didn't have any trolls dicking with my decisions based on my crash, so here you go :D

Enjoy
Crashed at VIR South, turn 2, control riders couldn't tell if I lost the front or rear tire, but either way I low sided at about 60ish, wasn't all that bad except that my puig pro frame slider cracked the eye whole on the frame where it was attached....... So...... Totaled

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Another look
So I damaged the right rearset, the handlebar, the gas tank, the frame, the frame slider, the tail section. If it wasn't for the frame, I would have just fixed it...... But oh well.

Last edited:

Marthy

I'm surprise to see the pipe almost intact! LOL

I'll be fair honest with you, that's the main reason I never bother installing those type of frame slider. Too much leverage and 9/10 time I see pick up pint getting rip off. I really like those T-rex slider kit. Comes with case covers and the frame slider attach to both pick up point... won't rip those off.

Talking about track day... PBIR last weekend :) Planning on doing Homestead next week too.
2014 Marthy's FZ09 - YouTube

So, what's next?

Last edited:

JSP

Administrator
So this actually happened a while ago, I was waiting for the bank and all my checks to clear and make sure I didn't have any trolls dicking with my decisions based on my crash, so here you go :D

Enjoy
Crashed at VIR South, turn 2, control riders couldn't tell if I lost the front or rear tire, but either way I low sided at about 60ish, wasn't all that bad except that my puig pro frame slider cracked the eye whole on the frame where it was attached....... So...... Totaled

So the frame slider cause the frame to crack? Damn! Talk about doing exactly the opposite of what it was supposed to do!

Sucks to see a bike hurting like that!

So what are your plans? Another 8 or a different bike?

Last edited:

kpedro

That really sucks, it's good you're ok. But it has to be tough after putting so much time and effort into something for it to be wiped out in an instant. Since it was a write-off, I'm assuming your insurance covered it? I'm pretty sure that here we would be shit out of luck.