2013 FZ8 5,500KM R1 Cams 7,500AUD australian

Jubby

2013 FZ8 Yamaha 5,500km. Mods are as follows. Rad guard, comes with Dan Moto xg1 slip on, k and n filter, rear sets, r1 shock with hi and low speed settings, power commander with dyno map, ecu flash which has disabled the fuel cut, disabled the O2 Sensor, raised the rev limiter to 12,500rpm, and removed all Yamaha restrictions including the secondary flies removed and disabled, r1 cams installed giving the bike 1.48mm more lift on the intake and longer duration. Cams dialled in at intake 103.75 and exhaust 104.75. This gives the peak power high up the rev range. The thing is a missile above 7,00rpm.... Cat piece has been removed and welded out to give full system performance, air box mod, Dan Moto rear sets, Comes with all stock parts.

Teslank

Wow [MENTION=3854]Jubby[/MENTION] !!

first time i ever see a modified bike like yours!

sorry cant buy your bike your a tad far away lol!

what i am interested in , is wich r1 cams you dropped in them,

and who made your ecu flash with all the deleted options, first time i read that someone disabled and removed their secondary flies

what is the fuel cut?

please give me some info :) i wanna do the same :)

Jubby

Hi mate yeah just a small road trip.... 07 - 08 r1 cams fit straight in. You will need the r1 timing chain, crank gear and cam gears, you will need to dial them in and just reshim and re do valve clearances. Relatively easy upgrade really. The fuel cut eliminator is when the ecu tells the bike to stop putting gas into your engine when you close your throttle. This can lead to a snatchy or jerky response. When you flash it you just tell it to keep spraying a small amount of gas to keep the piston wet to avoid that kind of response when rolling the throttle back on. The secondary flies is something Yamaha put in to open or restrict the airflow into your intake to help with performance during certain areas of the rev range. I disabled mine and instead of just having them sat in the bike locked in the open position I totally removed them to increase maximum airflow. What you may lose down low you sure as hell pick up - up top

Jubby

why the need to change all the timing kit ? isnt it possible to install the fz8 cam gears on the R1 cams?

I guess you could but the r1 cam gears are already slotted to save drilling for adjustments. The r1 cam gears are fatter than the 8 to accommodate the bigger timing chain links of the r1. The timing chain of the r1 is built stronger

Jubby

i can do the slottiing myself :p

im gonna buy a set :)

Ooohhhh yeah nice!!! Haha

Take your time getting the magnetic dial indicator setup on the valve buckets. Be sure it don't move when your dialling them in. I would suggest trailing different degrees to find your perfect setting. Maybe 104 intake 105 exhaust ir even 104 - 106 for a bit more mid to low power.

Make sure there for the 4 valve r1. Pm me your email I have pics and can offer some tips.

Oregon FZ8

I could use some pics, I can do this within the next month if it’s actually possible. Could I pm you my email?

Ghfz8

Very nice job guys...I want to do the same..can you please send me the pics and all the info you like to share?

Oregon FZ8

Very nice job guys...I want to do the same..can you please send me the pics and all the info you like to share?

So I have done some extensive research on this. To do a simple cam swap all you do is replace the cams reshim the buckets use the cam chain from the r1 and the lower chain drive gear on the crank. The parts you need are from a 2007-2008 r1 engine. After doing my research I have found out that the entire top end form a 07-08 r1 will bolt right on to the fz8 bottom end. The crank case and crank and connecting rods are all the same part numbers. All you need to do is buy cylinders, pistons, head, and the cam stuff and you'll have a r1. There will need to be some minor clutch work done to accommodate the power increase and some major tuning on the dyno, possibly some bigger injectors but that will all get figured out when the bike goes on the dyno for the first time. I have started collecting the parts and it will be done after this next summer. Hope for the best, I have heard of one other person doing this and they used the throttle bodies off of a 2012 fz1 I believe but i want to see what I can get out of it with the fz8 throttle boddie first since converting to a bigger throttle body will be quite the chore.