2013 Fazer 8 - Gear indicators

nando

Hi All,

I know I know - "experienced" riders will tell me that my ear is my gear indicator etc etc but still... I do a lot of commuting, some volunteer emergency riding hence a gear indicator is no bad thing.

Considering how much our bikes cost brand new (don't worry, I bought mine second hand as well at a knock down price) you would think that a gear indicator would have been included! Never mind.

So, having done a search of old threads here, there are lots of thoughts on what would be the best one to install.

From my point of view, I am looking for a gear indicator that is as near as possible to Plug and Play. Does anyone have any suggestions of the best one to buy? Note that its an ABS bike.

Happy New Year!

Thanks

Zenfist

Hi All,

I know I know - "experienced" riders will tell me that my ear is my gear indicator etc etc but still... I do a lot of commuting, some volunteer emergency riding hence a gear indicator is no bad thing.

Considering how much our bikes cost brand new (don't worry, I bought mine second hand as well at a knock down price) you would think that a gear indicator would have been included! Never mind.

So, having done a search of old threads here, there are lots of thoughts on what would be the best one to install.

From my point of view, I am looking for a gear indicator that is as near as possible to Plug and Play. Does anyone have any suggestions of the best one to buy? Note that its an ABS bike.

Happy New Year!

Thanks

Simple search revealed this HealTech Electronics Ltd. - GIpro X-type

It plugs right into your wiring harness, no real install necessary.