2012 fz8 battery trouble (help please!)

joeiorio

Okay, so for anyone that did read or you can view the edit list..

im a dummy lol.

So I found out how the battery is to be laid down, I wasn't thinking. obviously. lol

I know its very likely I blew a fuse, what fuse is likely for this scenery that I charged with the color + and - on the wrong ends, that I can address and buy to replace??

thank you

Attachments

• fz8 bat.jpg
    fz8 bat.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Bagman

It's funny, but also not. I can laugh, because I did this myself last year. A very, very long story but in reality, the MAIN FUSE did its job and that's all that was damaged. It's the big red fuse in your picture - that one that is attached to the bungee tie-down for the battery.

It is also quite easy enough to replace the remaining fuses too. There is one (or two) at the starter solonoid, and the rest are in the little fuse box tucked away just under the rear seat (right side) behind battery area.

joeiorio

thank you!! i did end up replacing that red fuse and thats all it was! Crazy how important fuses are haha. Whomever came up with it was incredibly smart. haha

Its definitely a laugh at myself type of matter LOL! i felt so dumb but i definitely learnt my lesson.

thank you! and have a wonderful day, month, year!