2010 Yamaha FZ8: official first picture

Admin

Founder
Staff member
By Chris Newbigging -

Yamaha has unveiled this first official picture of the new FZ8 middleweight naked – but nothing else.
There’s no information or pictures beyond this headlight shot – Yamaha UK wasn’t even aware of the picture’s release!
It is believed the FZ8 will replace Yamaha’s current FZ6 models as a sporty middleweight naked, leaving the XJ6, XJ6 Diversion and the new-for-2010 XJ6 Diversion F to cater for the novice and all-rounder markets.
It’s main rivals will be the BMW F800R, Honda Hornet 600, Triumph Street Triple R and the Aprilia Shiver 750.
The engine is believed to be unique to the FZ8, but draws on the design of Yamaha’s current supersport engines, and tuned to suit the naked bike application.
Little is known about the level of chassis equipment – expect mid-level componentry better than the basic XJ6 range, but not quite as high quality as the race-spec kit on the 2010 R6.
MCN is working on the story now – we’ll keep you up to date as more information on the bike breaks.

Wenmark

How many of you think it will look like this? I personally would like to see both a naked and fairing model.

Wenmark

grommit's latest thread has new details and full bike pics of the naked and faired versions! :D Thanks to Admin for finding the link and MCN for the story and pics!

http://www.779cc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5

Thanks and i agree if it looks so much like a FZ1 why would I not want to just get that. I was thinking that it would look like the FZ6R with a couple tweaks. I will be going after that hook line & sinker if it does. I like my "R" but i do wish for some more horses and I think the "8" would be perfect. I have driven the "1" and it is smooth but a little "too" much for me.