14000 miles on stock tires

Geanmage13

Hey guys, i still have my stock tires on and they are about to get flat in the middle. I don't know how but somehow i managed to get 14000 out of them so far and they could probably go a bit more. I commute 50 miles a day, 5 days a week and i'm about 220 lbs.
I was checking the other posts about tires but nobody has mentioned the new Michelin Pilot Road 4. Any thoughts on those?! Or maybe any better alternatives? I mostly use my bike to commute on the freeway and PCH...

DSmith

Hey guys, i still have my stock tires on and they are about to get flat in the middle. I don't know how but somehow i managed to get 14000 out of them so far and they could probably go a bit more. I commute 50 miles a day, 5 days a week and i'm about 220 lbs.
I was checking the other posts about tires but nobody has mentioned the new Michelin Pilot Road 4. Any thoughts on those?! Or maybe any better alternatives? I mostly use my bike to commute on the freeway and PCH...

congrats on the stock tire longevity! my next set after the stockers were the road 4s. i absolutely love em, with about 6000 miles on them i have zero complaints. grip is phenomenal for a sport touring tire. shows almost no noticeable wear so far. ive done very little wet weather riding but the little ive done ive felt very confident and safe. leaps and bounds better than the stock tyres.

Geanmage13

I just replaced my stock ones only because they were about to expire in a month.LOL!!!! Altough I bet they could last a couple of months more... But yeah, i put on the road 4s and it literally changed the way i'm driving. Turning and stopping is much more confident now. I only have 300 miles on them but everyone is pretty stocked about their longevity!!!

Specialkmn

I have them on my FZ8. The stock tires only lasted about 8,000 miles before replacement time. Currently I have PR4's front and back and have 6,000 on them and I don't think I will need to replaced them until later in the year. I am thinking they hopefully have another 4,000 miles on them.

Umyaya

My rear pr4 only got 5k out of it. The stock tires are such a piece of shit. The front battleaxe is known for wearing on one side.... rear only lasted me 3k.